Tuesday, November 5, 2013

DIY Couple Silhouette

I have been collecting vintage art for a long time. I thought it would be fun to mix new with old and create a family silhouette to go with some of my antique art. Since silhouettes were a popular form of art "back in the day," I thought it would go nicely with it be super awesome.

Then I put it off. For almost a year. Sure, I read tutorials and bought some black paper (which I never needed). What put me off for a while was getting an oval picture frame. Then I got a couple, and let them sit for another few months.

However, I finally decided to do it today. It was a lot easier than I imagined. I did it all using some glue, scissors and minimal skills on paint.net (a free program that you can download if you don't have  Paintshop). It took very little time.

First I took pictures of Matt and I in front of a bright window. After that, I cropped them in an oval shape and edited the brightness/contrast until they looked like this:



You can use a paintbrush to make everything in the silhouette black.

I didn't take pictures of the next steps, but they are very simple. I printed the pictures to the size of the frame, cut the faces out, touched up the black with a black marker and glued to white paper.


My OCD side is twitching as I notice that I hung Matt slightly crooked. You can assure yourself that this will be remedied.

Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. looks great! :) yay for a project done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a Rebekah project :-) awesome, though!
    As a side note--I don't have OCD, but DO have a thing w/pictures lol…the F. Matt picture is also closer to the middle picture than yours is…& higher...just saying' :-P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...